Friday, January 26, 2018

The Sunday Haul (on 21-1-2018)


On the last Sunday of July last year I had found a nice copy of ‘Crazy Salad’ by Nora Ephron and had got it for just ten rupees. ‘Crazy Salad’ was a collection of personal essays that I enjoyed reading very much for their wit and language. Then last Sunday before going to the Hyderabad Book Fair that was going on I decided to go to Abids and take a quick look around. I was lucky and found another title by Nora Ephron- ‘I Feel Bad About My Neck and Other Thoughts On Being a Woman’ that is again another collection of personal essays. But I did not get it as cheap as ‘Crazy Salad’ and had to pay sixty rupees for it.
These are the essays in it:

I Feel Bad About My Neck
I Hate My Purse
Serial Monogamy: A Memoir
On Maintenance
Blind as a Bat
Parenting in Three Stages
Moving On
Me and JFK: Now It Can Be Told
Me and Bill: The End of Love
Where I Live
The Story of My Life in 3,500 Words or Less
The Lost Strudel or Le Strudel Perdu
On Rapture
What I Wish I’d Known
Considering the Alternative

After finding this I rushed to the Hyderabad Book Fair at NTR Stadium along with my friends. However I couldn’t find anything and returned home with Nora Ephron’s book.

No comments: